Tuesday, April 10, 2007

A little bit of this...

Sorry to all you non-Cardinals fans out there, but this is unabashedly a Cards-friendly blog. I hope that does not discourage you from reading regularly, but if you can't stand Redbird-friendly rantings, I will forgive you if you skip the first section of this post...

Just a few things. It seems Carpenter's elbow trouble could be quite serious, and that's not good for the Cards. The guys over at VEB have a much more in-depth analysis of the implications than I could put together in the very short time I have, so I suggest you head over there for some good reading. It's an excellent blog. Hopefully we will be ok, though, with the rest of the rotation looking good. Kip ripped it up in his first start, and Looper was lights out against the rolling Pirates. And Wagon-maker and Socks have given us no reason to be afraid so far. But if those don't give you enough comfort, you can at least squeal with delight reading about Jeff Weaver's first start in an M's uniform. Ha.

In NFL "news," Pac-Man has earned a full-season "vacation" from the NFL for his numerous shenanigans. His former WVU cohort Chris Henry won an 8-game reprieve. Congrats to them. Clowns.

NCAA/NBA:
-As expected, All-world freshman Kevin Durant is trading in his longhorn orange for (perhaps) the Kelly green of Boston...or any other number of suitors in the NBA. His west-coast rival Aron Afflalo has also declared (and he can't pull out again--2 times is the limit). Now we're just waiting to see if Durant's fellow frosh phenom Greg Oden will try to outjump Durant for the #1 overall spot come draft time. I can't say I blame anyone who makes the move. If someone offered me a job for millions of dollars blogging or doing PR or, hell, anything right now, I'd certainly do it, so I can't crucify any of these guys for doing so. I'll miss them in next year's tourney. And if Oden goes, I'm really gonna have to research my favorite to win it all...
-One other note: Wichita St.'s Mark Turgeon has been hired to take over the now-Gillispie-less Aggies. Sounds more like a hockey coach than a hardwood technician, but the Shockers have at least been competitive in the MVC for a few seasons now, so I guess its a good hire. I wouldn't expect to see anything close to the same type of success out of A&M we saw this season, especially now that they are without the Law-man.

For some interesting NFL rumors and his latest mock draft,head over to the Loe-Down.

No comments: